7.28.2009

Central Park West


Took the A Express uptown and it zoomed by my stop, so had to double back on the B to 86th street, en route to meet Laurel at Joe the Art of Coffee on Broadway and 85th. Wonderful fresh-ground coffee fragrance, good Iced Americano.

Strolling down Broadway, she pointed out Pinch & S'mac, a combined "Pizza by the Inch" and "Sarita's mac 'n' cheese" restaurant. She herself was headed for the Shake Shack. She also gave me tips about the American Museum of Natural History, where I was going next: the entrance fee of $16 is only "recommended," so you can pay less, and if you're only going once, you can probably forgo the special exhibits, since there is so much to see. Outside is Roosevelt Park, where I saw my first cotton candy in New York.

I couldn't resist the Planetarium show, but I'm not sure I recommend it: only 30 mins for an extra $8. The AMNH is an amazing combination of old-style nature exhibits mixed with modern space-type ones; two hours was just about right.

Took the subway from the museum to the next stop down, 72nd Street, and had late lunch at Cafe Luxembourg (W. 70th and Amsterdam), lovely and classic classy New York.

More cupcakes from Crumbs, lots of lovely stores along Amsterdam, then took the #1 train from the 72nd/Amsterdam station, cool one. Nice 6-hour day.

No comments:

Post a Comment