7.22.2009

MoMA

This could be the longest post ever, so much cool stuff. But my pics won't do it justice, so I'll just do a few.


Bottom row: Kelley Walker. It fills a whole wall, and the photo part has silkscreened chocolate on it. Bob Gruen collage of his rock photos. Song Dong, a room-sized installation of "the complete contents of [his mother's] home, amassed over fifty years during which the Chinese concept of wu jin qi yong, or "waste not," was a prerequisite for survival. The assembled materials, ranging from pots and basins to blankets, oil flasks, and legless dolls, form a miniature cityscape that viewers can navigate around and through." By the way, you can see the whole collection at the MoMA website; thanks to JHeaton for telling me. I can't believe I missed Gerhard Richter, Francis Bacon, Louise Bourgeois, and Jacob Lawrence!

No comments:

Post a Comment